Thursday, February 25, 2016

Flirtation Walk by Siri Mitchell



                              Flirtation Walk by Siri Mitchell

                                                        





Lucinda Pennyworth, the daughter of a con man, is trying her best to leave her father's sordid past behind her. When he dies unexpectedly, she takes the opportunity to move to West Point to live with her aunt, ready to take on a new life and determined to marry a respectable man, a West Point cadet, to impress her relatives.
                                                                                                              
Seth Westcott, a cadet at the academy, is proud to be at the top of his senior class. But when his mother dies and his sister loses their inheritance to a swindler, Seth wants nothing more than to head west to track down the con man. But the army will only send the cadets at the bottom of the class to the frontier . . . which leaves Seth with some tough choices.

When a woman trying her best to be good meets a man determined to be anything but, can there be hope for love, or will two lonely hearts be condemned to casual flirtation?

I found this book to be rather slow.  I had a lot of trouble getting into it.  Lucinda finally finds out how it feels to be swindled when she finds out she isn’t even a Pennyworth.  Seth tries his best to get to the bottom of his class at West Point.  I guess I didn’t really understand why he was doing that.  I guess it would have ruined the story for him to just go and explain his situation to his superiors.  They both learned that keeping secrets is never a good idea.

I am more of a suspense/thriller type of reader.  Would I recommend this book?  I can’t really answer that question.  It was not my cup of tea but then someone else might thoroughly enjoy it.

I received this book from the publisher for an honest review.  I was not compensated in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment