Sunday, April 8, 2018

My Heart Belongs in Niagara Falls, New York, Adele's Jounney by Amanda Barratt

Outwardly, Adele Linley’s trip to visit her American cousins is nothing more than a summer vacation. In reality, she’s the daughter of an English aristocrat with barely a penny to her name seeking a rich American husband.

Having grown up in an overcrowded orphanage, Drew Dawson is determined to make a name for himself. He’ll take any honest job to provide for his sister—even crossing Niagara Falls by tightrope.

On a sightseeing trip to the Falls, Adele meets several eligible suitors. Incredibly wealthy and pompous, Franklin Conway takes an immediate fancy to her. But Adele would truly like to marry for love.  When she encounters the mysterious Drew in the garden, Adele is confused by her feelings for someone who is everything she is NOT looking for. Will they both stay the course they have chosen for themselves?

I don't like giving negative reviews.  But that what I'm going to do.  I just couldn't seem to get into the book.  I'd read it for a little bit, then pick up something else. I've read several of the "My Heart Books" and have enjoyed them.  But I had trouble finishing this book. For this reason I wouldn't recommend it to friends to read.

Adele keeps crossing paths with Drew, who keeps taking terrible risks.  I understand his reasoning better that Adele's.  To me she seemed rather snobbish.

I was given this book by NetGalley for an honest review.  I was not compensated in any way.




No comments:

Post a Comment