Saturday, January 24, 2015

Sabotaged (Alaskan Courage Book #5) by Dani Pettrey



Growing up, goody-two-shoes Kirra Jacobs and troublemaker Reef McKenna were always at odds. Now, working together as search-and-rescue for Alaska's arduous Iditarod race, a growing attraction seems to be forcing aside old arguments. Then Reef catches Kirra sneaking from camp in the middle of the night.

Kirra's uncle, a musher in the race, has disappeared. Kirra and Reef quickly track the man, but what they discover is harrowing: Frank's daughter has been kidnapped. Kirra and Reef, along with the entire McKenna family, are thrown into a race to stop a shadowy villain who is not only threatening a girl's life--but appears willing to unleash one of the largest disasters Alaska has ever seen.

Reef is a relatively new Christian.  Having grown up in church, he turned his back on God and lived his life his way.  Kirra is a strong Christian who has been struggling with what happened to her in college.  As Reef, Kirra, and the McKenna family try to track down Meg, Reef and Kirra learn to trust each other and God. 

I have read the previous four books in the series. But I still felt like I was dropped into the middle of the story when I started reading this book.  It didn’t take long to refresh my mind as to who was who.  But I feel a little more background on Reef and Kirra would have been helpful.  Also, where were they and why.  It would be really beneficial to read the previous four books to understand this one better.  That being said after getting into the book I really enjoyed it and didn’t want to put it down.  I would recommend this book to anyone. 

As this was the last book of the Alaskan Courage series, I am anxious to see what Ms. Pettrey comes up with next.

I received this book from the publisher for an honest review.  I was not compensated in anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment