Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Bracelet by Dorothy Love



This story begins just before the outbreak of the Civil War.  Celia Browning is being raised by her father who is a wealthy business man in Savannah, Georgia.  Celia is anxiously waiting for Sutton Mackay to return from Jamaica, where he has been for two years.  She is expecting him to propose to her when he returns.  When Sutton returns he does propose and everything is fine until a newspaper reporter stirs up trouble implying that there were two murders at her home and the family has covered it up. Celia starts receiving threatening messages at home in regards to the murders.  Then she receives “the Bracelet”.  The bracelet has a very disturbing message.

I have read several books by Dorothy Love.  I am sorry to say that I didn’t find this book nearly as good as the others. It just seemed to drag.  I kept waiting for something to happen.  I figured out who was sending the messages about a third of the way through the book. (Spoiler alert) Which in itself isn’t bad, but the culprit seemed to get away with it.  Sorry to say I can’t recommend this book to someone who is looking for a good book to read.  I had to force myself to read it. 

I received this book from the publisher for an honest review.  I was not compensated in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment