Saturday, November 8, 2014

Surprised by Love by Julie Lessman



Megan McClare has always been a shy an unattractive person. Her very thick glasses have not helped her appearance either.  She spent a year in Paris for her senior year of school.  She took ill and lost a lot of weight and discovered the new invention, contact lenses.  Devon Caldwell is the boy who unmercifully teased her all through school.  She would come home sobbing because of all the unkind things he would say about her behind her back and to her face.  Megan accepts an internship with the DA’s office for the summer. She is shocked and upset when she discovers that Devon is also going to be an intern.

Abraham “Bram” Hughes is like family to the McClare’s.  He has been Megan’s best friend, confidant, and soother of feelings ever since she can remember.  When Bram sees the new Meg, he is left speechless.  Both Meg and Bram realize that their feelings for each other have changed.  But they can’t do anything about it because of Bram’s commitment to his father.

This is the third book in “The Heart of San Francisco” series.  It would have been very helpful to read the first two books to understand things that were referenced to in this book.  As I found this book boring, I will not be reading books one or two.  When I first started reading the book, I quit and read another book because I just couldn’t get into it.  By the middle of the book it started to get a little interesting.  It did have some twists to it I did not see.  I still found myself skimming some of it.  I judge a book on whether I will re-read it.  I will not be re-reading this book.  Therefore, I can give this book no higher that two starts.  The two starts are because the story line was good.  But there was too much repetition and how many times can you say that Meg was teased.

I was given this book by the publisher for an honest review.  I was not compensated in any way.    

No comments:

Post a Comment