Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Domino Effect by Davis Bunn

Esther Larsen, a leading risk analyst at one of the country's largest banking institutions, is becoming more and more convinced that she has uncovered a ticking bomb with the potential to overshadow 2008's market crash. And as her own employer pursues "investment" strategies with ever-increasing levels of risk, she becomes convinced she must do something. Yet what can one person really do?

The markets are edging closer to a tipping point--like the teetering first domino in a standing row that circles the globe. And when Esther does sound the alarm, she wonders if anyone will take her seriously. But as public support grows for her ideas, so does the desperation of those whose conspiracy of greed she seeks to expose. With global markets on the brink, and her own life in danger, Esther is locked in a race with the clock to avert a worldwide financial meltdown.

Unfortunately I didn't care for this book.  The premise of the book was good.  It got really bogged down with all the very detailed technical aspects of the stock market.  Even after reading some of the technical stuff I didn't understand.  I admit to skimming a lot of the technical stuff after awhile.  I did enjoy the characters of the book.  Esther was a very likable character.  Actually I liked all the characters.  The book could have been half the size without all the detailed market information.

I can't say I would recommend this book unless you want a lesson on the stock market and how it works.  I don't like giving bad reviews.  But I just couldn't get into this book.  I have never read a book by this author before and probably won't ever again.

I received this book from the publisher for an honest review.  I was not compensated in any way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment