Thursday, April 2, 2015

Buried Secrets by Irene Hannon



After seven years as a Chicago homicide detective, Lisa Grant has hit a wall. Ready for a kinder, gentler life, she takes a job as a small-town police chief. But the discovery of a human skeleton by a construction crew at the edge of town taxes the resources of her department. A call for assistance brings detective Mac McGregor, an ex-Navy SEAL, to her doorstep. As they work to solve the mystery behind the unmarked grave, danger begins to shadow them. Someone doesn't want this dead person telling any tales--and will stop at nothing to make certain a life-shattering secret stays buried.

I will start out saying I did enjoy the book.  I was expecting more of a suspense story line than there was.  Maybe that is why I was a little disappointed.  Also, I didn’t feel like I got to know Lisa very well.  She still had her secret about Chicago by the end of the book.  Mac on the other hand, was given more depth of character.  The story line was great.  I did enjoy reading how the long ago crime was solved through diligent police work.  Even though the perpetrator(s) was shown during the book, it was still interesting to see how they were caught and what they did to avoid being caught.

All that being said I would recommend this book to anyone and I look forward to the next book in the Men of Valor series.

I was given this book by the publisher for an honest review.  I was not compensated in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment